Citrus Alaska Pollock Wraps
Alaska Pollock wraps recipe
Why try pollock?
Prized as a versatile, mild fish, Alaskan pollock is easy to handle fresh and frozen, and it goes well with many flavor profiles. It's very popular for frying and baking, but can be grilled and broiled, as well. Often sold as simply ″white fish″, Alaskan pollock is often used in fast food restaurants for fish sandwiches. Despite its frequent use in fast food, it's not a low quality fish. It's tasty, firm-fleshed, and can be cooked in many different ways. It's actually a great fish for beginners in the kitchen. Even if overcooked, it still retains most of its taste and texture, making it perfect to experiment with. As with most seafood, Alaskan pollock is high in lean protein, contains omega-3 fatty acids, and has a lot of other nutrients packed into it. It's not a ″fishy″ seafood, so even kids tend to like it. Light, flaky, low oil—Alaskan pollock is always ready to add a mild flavor to any dish. It goes particularly well with citrus flavors, such as lime, lemon, and orange, which is why this recipe is one of our favorites for a light and healthy seafood lunch.
- 4 Alaska Pollock fillets (6 oz. portions; fresh or thawed), each cut into 3 strips to fit lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons each grated orange and lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons grated ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peanut oil, as needed
- 12 large Romaine, Butter or Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Rub Alaska Pollock fillets with citrus zests and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté fillets in peanut oil until lightly browned, turning once during cooking (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Divide fillets among lettuce leaves; drizzle with chili sauce.
- Garnish with peanuts before serving.
Suggested accompaniment: Mango and Coriander Salsa
Ready to start?
Ready to try these tempting, healthy lettuce wraps, but need to know where to buy Alaska pollock? We've got you covered! Global Seafoods has a great selection of seafood, including delicious white fish Alaskan pollock. Unless you prefer to fillet white fish on your own, buying frozen fillets from us is a great option. Check out our reviews and our money-back guarantee. Our products come in generous portions, are caught fresh, processed fast, and frozen quickly to ensure the highest possible quality for our customers.
Care to share your experience?
Did you try this or any of our other recipes? We'd love to hear from you! Whether you followed the directions exactly or felt adventurous and changed things up a bit, we'd like to hear how your meal turned out. Have an idea for a new recipe or have a suggestion for a blog post you'd like to see? Feel free to leave a comment or send an email.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.