Honey Sriracha Alaskan Cod Noodle Bowl
Easy Sriracha Alaskan Cod noodle bowl recipe
Adding more seafood is a wise choice for any type of diet. Seafood is usually very low in fat, high in protein, and is generally quick to prepare. In addition to the long list of health and lifestyle benefits to eating seafood, it simply tastes great. No matter the type of cuisine you prefer, there is always a way to add more fish to your diet, such as this simple honey sriracha cod noodle bowl recipe. It's a little spicy, a little sweet, and it has a hearty helping of noodles, too. Read on to learn how to cook sriracha cod noodle bowl.
Yield This recipe serves 6 people and works the best with salmon or wild cod.
- 12 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce, low sodium
- 2 oz. Fresh Ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 6 4 oz fillets of Wild Alaska Salmon OR Cod
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 ¼ Udon noodles, fresh
- 24 Baby Bok Choy (stems and leaves)
- 12 Shitake Mushrooms
- 6 oz. Tofu, firm, diced
- 36 Bamboo shoots, sliced
- 36 Water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 tsp. Cilantro, chopped
- S3 tsp. Sesame oil
- In a large pot add the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the broth has reduced by ¼ (leaving about 9 cups).
- Remove from heat, discard ginger, and hold warm.
- In a small bowl mix the sriracha and honey until well blended.
- Heat a large sauté pan with canola and sesame oil.
- Brush each side of the chosen Alaska fish with the honey sriracha mixture.***
To plate each serving
- In a sauce pan add 6 oz. cooked udon and 12 oz of the broth, along with 4 pieces of the bok choy, split in half lengthwise, and 2 shitake mushrooms, sliced thin. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 oz. of diced tofu, 6 bamboo shoots, and 6 water chestnuts and cook until everything is hot, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into serving bowl. Top with cooked fish.
- Garnish with 1 tsp. of chopped cilantro and drizzle ½ tsp. sesame oil. *** You can control the heat by adding more or less of the honey sriracha basting liquid. When the fish is broken up into the broth, it adds a bit of bite.
- The more you baste the more bite you will add.
A delicious dinner is waiting for you!
Are you ready to give this recipe a try? We have the finest seafood here at Global Seafoods, always with the best prices and fast delivery to your door. Try our wild salmon or wild cod, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.