Creamy Alaskan Chum Salmon Pasta
Quick and easy Alaskan salmon pasta recipe
Are you looking for a quick, light, and tasty dinner made with healthy seafood? Look no further than our Alaskan salmon pasta dish. Full of flavor and good nutrition, you will not be disappointed in this cost-effective and satisfying meal. It's like mac-n-cheese for adults, but even kids will love this. Read on to learn how to make Alaskan salmon pasta.
This recipe serves 4 to 5 people, but is very easy to double or triple for larger crowds. It can also be used as an appetizer if served in smaller bowls.
Cooking methods include: Boiling pasta and simmering.
Before we begin
It is important to note that this recipe calls for cooked salmon. While you can certainly cook salmon just for this recipe (baked or grilled work well, as done smoked), we like fast and simple meals that reduce kitchen waste. We suggest using leftover salmon from a previous meal. This saves time, money, and reduces waste.
- 1 package (8 oz.) elbow macaroni or small shell pasta
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.2 oz.) creamy pesto sauce mix or lemon dill sauce mix
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped, or 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms (or your favorite vegetable)
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jar (6 oz.) quartered marinated artichokes, drained
- (6 to 7.5 oz.) cooked Alaska salmon
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk milk with sauce mix; set aside. In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes. Stir in milk mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, artichokes, pasta, and salmon; stir until pasta is heated through.
- Serve in bowls as a whole meal or in smaller bowls as a side dish or appetizer.
Cook's tip: Sprinkle on some shredded or grated parmesan for an extra treat. Using smoked salmon adds a little more flavor. You can add a bit of kick to this recipe by adding a few drops of your favorite hot sauce, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, or chopped green chilis.
Now that you know how to cook Alaskan salmon pasta…
We have the best prices on a variety of Alaska salmon to fit any budget. Grab some from our store today and try this recipe.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.