Crispy Baked Alaska Pollock and Veggie Egg Roll
Crispy Baked Alaska Pollock
Pollock: a fish for all tastes
We've said before how much we enjoy cooking with Alaskan pollock, and we'd love to show you why. It is very easy to handle, cooks quickly with many methods, and goes well with a huge variety of sauces, sides, and complementary dishes. It can be a side dish, an appetizer, or the star of the show. Fresh, frozen, leftovers—it doesn't matter; pollock will shine! Dress it up, dress it down, serve it hot or cold—Alaskan pollock is a great choice for those who want to add more fish to their diets but don't like a very ″fishy″ taste. The mild flavor of this affordable white fish lends itself well to a wide variety of ingredients and flavors. Whether you love spicy foods, savory dishes, or a little bit of sweet in your meals, Alaskan pollock is a wonderful protein choice. It never overpowers other flavors, and it works well with countless herbs and spices, making it the perfect fish to experiment with. Asian, Mexican, Italian, American flavors, and fusions of any cuisine you can imagine, pollock will add a subtle flavor and appealing texture to any style. Today we're showcasing one of our favorite baked pollock recipes.
Some of the best aspects of Alaskan pollock:
• Mild flavor
• White flesh
• Pleasing texture
• Easy to handle
• Cooks quickly
• Works well with all cuisine
A veggie egg roll like no other — in the oven!
Asian cuisine is famous for its creative use of seafoods of all kinds. From shellfish to crustaceans to every kind of fish you can imagine, you can find seafood in many Asian and Asian-inspired dishes. You can even find some incredible sauces made from seafood to lend their unique flavors to other types of foods! One of our best baked alaskan pollock recipes is this delicious Crispy Baked Alaska Pollock and Veggie Egg Roll. Not only does it have a great flavor, but it's also much better for you than fried egg rolls. With the mild flavor of Alaskan pollock, these fresh veggies and mai fun noodles wrapped in a crispy egg roll skin will tempt you to eat every one. Good thing this is a healthy recipe! We're sure you will find this recipe easy to follow and the dish simple to prepare. But it is so good, your friends will wonder if you've got a gourmet chef hiding in your kitchen!
Alaskan pollock fillet for sale from Global Seafoods
We know this recipe is hard to resist, so we think you shouldn't resist at all. It's an affordable and delicious way to get more healthy and lean protein in your diet, and they're just so much fun to eat, too. Order you Alaskan pollock today, and we'll deliver it to your door, frozen at the peak of freshness, and backed by our quality guarantee. Once you've tried this recipe (and any of our other fun and creative recipes), drop us a line and let us know what you think!
- 3 lbs. Alaska Pollock, 2 oz. ea. 1x2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese chile paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Canola or olive oil spray, as needed
- 3 oz. rice noodles, thin (mai fun)
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 oz. carrot, peeled and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 oz. ginger, fresh, finely minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chile flakes
- 1 tsp.cornstarch mixed with
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 package (about 24) egg roll skins, 4x4 inch
Spicy Dipping Sauce*:
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese chile paste
- Alaska Pollock: Season pollock with mixture of Chinese chile paste and soy sauce. Spray oil in sauté pan and sear fish. Remove from pan, refrigerate or reserve.
- Preheat oven to 425?F. Place a cast iron grill pan or skillet in oven to preheat.
- Rice Noodles: Place rice noodles in bowl and cover with boiling water; let set for 15 minutes to soften. Drain thoroughly, return to bowl. Reserve.
- Filling: Spray sauté pan with oil spray. Sauté mushrooms, bell pepper, carrot, garlic and ginger until softened. Add soy sauce, onions, cilantro and chile flakes. Add cornstarch mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes and stir into softened rice noodles. Cool filling. Strain to remove excess moisture.
- Preparing Egg Rolls: Brush the edges of the egg roll skins with water. Place 1 Tbsp. of filling on the lower half of the egg roll skin; top with pollock strip. Roll tightly.
- Cooking: Spray egg rolls with oil and place in oven on pan or skillet for 4 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 sides for total cooking time of 16 minutes.
- Assembly: Cut on the diagonal and serve with Spicy Dipping Sauce.
Spicy Dipping Sauce: In a small saucepan, heat rice vinegar, sugar, minced garlic and Chinese chile paste until sugar is dissolved. Cool and reserve until serving time.
*Substitute Chinese mustard or purchased Sweet & Sour Sauce
Shop Our Great Products
Pacific Cod Fillets- 10 lbs
Pacific Cod Fillets - Gadus macrocephalus Pacific cod fillet is versatile and delicious in a variety of cuisines thanks to...
View full product details »
Alaskan Pollock Fillets - 10 lbs
Alaskan Pollock Fillets - (Theragra chalcogramma) Alaskan Pollock is likely one of the most popular fish in the US, yet...
View full product details »
Dover Sole Fillets - 10 lbs
Pacific Dover Sole Fillets - Microstomus pacificus Buy pacific dover sole fillet from our website if you are looking for...
View full product details »
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.