Lobster Mac & Cheese with Cheddar & Gruyère
Lobster Mac & Cheese
1 lb bag of large pasta (I used ziti)
3 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups milk
½ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
8 oz white cheddar, grated
4 oz Gruyère, grated
2 cups sharp cheddar, grated
salt & pepper, to taste
the meat of 2 cooked lobsters, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain in colander and return to stockpot.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Once melted, add shallots and sauté until soft.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute until combined.
- Whisk in milk.
- Bring to a slight boil, whisking constantly.
- Add cream, Dijon, both cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir together until all cheese is melted.
- Mix in pasta and lobster.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake until golden. This will take about 20–25 minutes.
- Serve with chives on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.