This delicious salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub easy recipe is quick and fuss-free. Coffee and spices form a crust that seals in the rich juices of the fish. Serve a melange of delicate salmon flavour, punctuated by bursts of coffee and spices. Learn how to make salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub for tons of compliments!
Yield: Serves 4 to six
Cooking method: Best grilled or baked
Nutrition info per 250g portion
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 54g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Serving size: Serves 250g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Trans fat: 0g
How long is the cooking time?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
The list of ingredients for this salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub recipe is blissfully short. You probably have most of the spices in your cupboard.
Instructions for how to cook salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub
- 1 Tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- Alaska Sockeye Salmon, fresh or frozen, 4-5 oz per serving
- Sturdy aluminum foil
- Vegetable, olive or coconut oil cooking spray
This delicious salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub recipe is great any time of year. Salmon prices vary with the season.How to cook salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub in the grill
- Prepare the pan - Pre-heat grill to 375F. Use a commercially available foil pan large enough to leave a one-inch margin around the fish. Or, make your own foil pan using two large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil placed on top of one another, shiny side down (heat is drawn down to, rather than reflected up away from your fish).
- Spray pan generously with cooking spray.
- Thoroughly mix dry rub ingredients. The best coffee to use is finely ground, but don't stress over it. Slightly coarse works, too.
- Rub spice mixture over the salmon. The best fish is Alaska sockeye salmon. Prices are slightly higher than farmed fish the the result is tastier and much better for you. Fresh is best, but frozen is fine.
- Carefully place the salmon into the prepared pan. Do not cover with foil. Transfer pan into the grill and close the door.
- How long the fish takes to cook depends on the thickness. Check for doneness after 10 minutes.
how to make salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub in the oven
This salmon with northwest spiced coffee rub easy recipe is as quick to bake as it is to grill. Follow the same procedure as above, including the timings. You don't need to be so fussy about using a foil pan, because it won't be as close to the heat source. Glass or silicone will be great.
Cook's Tip: Squeeze fresh orange or lemon juice over the fish before serving. It adds a spark of extra flavor, and makes it glisten provocatively.