Starry Flounder Piccata
Easy starry flounder piccata recipe
This recipe serves 4 people, but can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutesNutrition information per serving:
225 calories, 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 30% calories from fat, 60mg cholesterol, 29g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 471mg sodium, 43mg calcium and 700mg omega-3 fatty acids.Ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 cups diagonally-sliced fresh or frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil, divided
- 4 Alaska Starry Flounder fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill, to garnish
- Combine chicken broth and lemon juice in a small saucepan; simmer on low to medium heat until reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, cornstarch, and capers. Heat through, stirring frequently. Cover and keep warm.
- Sauté carrots and onions in a heavy nonstick skillet in 1 tablespoon oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen starry flounder fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of fillets with remaining oil. Place fillets in the same pan the carrots and onions were in and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 5 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve each fillet with 1/2 cup vegetables and 2 to 3 tablespoons sauce. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Serve this meal with a light side salad, fresh pasta drizzled with olive oil, or dinner rolls.
Ready to dive in?
This quick, simple starry flounder piccata recipe is even better when you use the best flounder available online. Visit our store and see for yourself what quality and service are like.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.