What's the best, quick, and easy salmon recipe that won't break the bank? Try the Salmon Asian Aromatic with Sesame Snap Peas recipe! This great take on salmon with delicious asian snap peas is not only nutritious, but simple to make. Whether you choose to grill or roast, this easy salmon recipe will leave everyone happy! All ingredients can be found at affordable prices at your local grocery store.
Yield: Serves 6-8
Cooking Method: Grill/Roast
11 grams carbohydrates
18 grams fat
2 grams fiber
61 grams protein
3 grams saturated fat
846 milligrams sodium
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 whole Alaskan Keta Salmon—fresh or frozen (thawed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 small stalks lemon grass—cut in half lengthwise, crushed (use light part)
6-8 slices ginger—long, thin slices; freshly peeled
4-5 sprigs of mint
4-5 sprigs of cilantro
2 Thai chiles—cut in half lengthwise
1 large banana leaf (optional)
Asian Snap Peas:
1 tablespoon olive oil/canola oil
1 pound snap peas
1 red bell pepper—sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sweet and sour sauce
1) Heat grill to 400 degrees/medium-high heat, or preheat oven to 400 degrees. Let salmon sit out for 15 minutes. If purchased frozen, thaw.
2) Tear two pieces of foil big enough to wrap salmon. Place pieces atop each other on a baking sheet. Spray top with cooking spray, and set aside.
3) Rinse salmon, and dry with paper towels.
4) Cut three or four slits on each side of salmon. Cuts should be cross-wise against the skin (diagonal), and deep, as to almost reach the bone.
5) Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper inside and outside.
6) Stuff with lime, lemon grass, ginger, mint, cilantro, and chiles.
7) Wrap salmon in banana leaf, and place in center of oiled foil. With foil, make a packet, bringing the ends of the foil together, and roll it over to enclose salmon. If not using a banana leaf, use foil to loosely wrap salmon, forming an inner packet, and use sheets set aside to make an outer packet as explained.
8) Put packet on grill or in oven, and cover for 25-35 minutes. Salmon should be opaque to confirm doneness, and sit for a few minutes.
Sesame Snap Peas:
1) Heat oil in pan. Add snap peas and peppers.
2) Sauté vegetables for 3-5 minutes. Peppers will show their doneness by softening.
3) Stir in sesame oil, both sauces, and into pan with vegetables.
4) Serve sesame snap peas and peppers with salmon.
The Salmon Asian Aromatic with Sesame Snap Peas recipe is a great and quick option to your dinner needs. This recipe serves a crowd, and ingredients can be found at reasonable prices; it's simply the best!