How To Grill A Whole Salmon
How To Grill A Whole Salmon
Grilling whole salmon is a fun and impressive way to serve your guests a fresh and delicious seafood dinner. There is no best salmon for grilling, but a king or a sockeye salmon will be moist and delicious while also standing up to the intense heat of the grill.
Grilled Salmon in Aluminium Foil
Grilling salmon in foil helps to protect the fish from the intense flames of the grill while still providing that charred grilled taste that you're wanting. While you can use salmon rubs for grilling, the simplicity of fresh herbs and lemon lets the salmon speak for itself. Grilling salmon time will vary depending on the size of your salmon. Follow this video for step by step instructions for how to cook a whole salmon on the grill.
There is no such thing as organic salmon, but if you're looking for the healthiest and most flavorful whole salmon possible, look for a wild-caught variety from the cold Alaskan waters. Coho salmon is another excellent choice for grilling whole salmon.
You'll find many sites claiming to have the best recipe for grilling salmon, but there is no best way to cook salmon. A simple grilled salmon or a grilled salmon with dill and lemon will give you a moist and flakey fish.
The trick for a perfect grilled salmon in aluminum foil is the salmon cooking temp and the salmon cooking time. Watching your grilled sockeye salmon as it cooks helps to ensure you don't exceed your grilled salmon internal temperature.
Grilled Salmon Nutrition
To save on calories in grilled salmon, reduce or omit the melted butter spread before cooking your Alaskan King Salmon. The Calories in salmon are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which benefit your body by helping your body fight heart disease and fight cancer.
How to Cook a Whole Salmon
Whether you choose to brine your salmon before grilling or salt your grilled salmon before cooking, this video will help you learn how to cook a whole salmon on the grill. Follow along while we show you one of our favorite ways to cook salmon.
Grilled Sockeye Salmon Recipe (Best Salmon Recipe on the Grill)
- Whole Salmon (Grilled Sockeye Salmon Recipe)
- 1 Large lemon, sliced
- 1 Bunch of fresh dill (left whole)
- 4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (grilling salmon temperature).
- Take your whole salmon and remove the fins, including the tail.
- Make several angled cuts or slits into the salmon along both sides. Be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Salt the inside and outside of the whole salmon, including the slits that you made.
- Add lemon slices to the inside of the fish, including the slits that you made.
- Add sprigs of the whole dill to the inside of the fish, including the slits that you made.
- Using two sheets of aluminum foil, create a pan out of the foil by folding up the sides.
- Spray the foil pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the fish on the tin foil pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add chopped garlic to the melted butter.
- Using a culinary brush, spread the garlic butter over the fish inside and out, including the slits you made in the fish.
- Place the pan with the fish onto the grill.
- Grill your salmon for 45-60 minutes or until done. The fish will be barely translucent in the middle when cooked.
- Transfer to a serving platter and wow your guests with your beautiful whole grilled salmon!
*Medium flame is an ideal temp to grill a whole salmon. A medium flame will allow the whole salmon to reach a safe internal temperature without excessive charring to the skin of the fish*
What does this salmon taste like?
This recipe will give you a tasty and moist salmon with hints of lemon and dill. Enjoy the delicious taste of salmon by ordering your whole salmon today!
Salmon Wine Pairing
Impress your guests by grilling a whole salmon and offering a perfectly paired wine with salmon. The best wine with salmon, especially a grilled salmon, is a lovely fruity pinot noir. A pinot noir holds up perfectly when matched against the meaty texture and flavor of a grilled salmon.
What would you serve with your grilled salmon?
Also in Video
Discover the world of red caviar and indulge in the exquisite flavors of salmon roe. This comprehensive guide provides insights into what red caviar is, its nutritional benefits, where to buy it, and various ways to enjoy this delicacy. Elevate your culinary experience with red caviar!