Ahi Tuna Steak Recipe: Simple and Elegant
Ahi Tuna Steak Image
Ahi tuna steak is a delicious and healthy alternative to red meat that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner, our Ahi Tuna Steak recipe is simple to make and elegant to serve, making it the perfect meal for any occasion.
- 2 Ahi tuna steaks (6-8 oz each)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger powder, and black pepper.
- Pat the Ahi tuna steaks dry with a paper towel and then place them in a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, making sure to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
- Place the steaks in the hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare to medium-rare.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Q: Can I grill the Ahi tuna steaks instead of pan-searing?
A: Yes, you can grill the Ahi tuna steaks over high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare to medium-rare.
Q: Can I use frozen Ahi tuna steaks?
A: Yes, you can use frozen Ahi tuna steaks, but be sure to thaw them completely before cooking.
Q: Can I substitute the sesame oil with another oil?
A: Yes, you can substitute the sesame oil with another oil such as olive oil or vegetable oil.
Our Ahi Tuna Steak recipe is a simple yet elegant way to enjoy this delicious and healthy fish. The sweet and savory marinade provides the perfect balance of flavors, while the pan-seared cooking method ensures a perfectly cooked steak. Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner or an impressive meal for guests, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So, grab some Ahi tuna steaks and get cooking!