Ahi Tuna Tartare Recipe: Fresh and Flavorful
Ahi Tuna Tartare Image
Ahi tuna tartare is a delicious and elegant appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is easy to make and bursting with fresh and flavorful ingredients. Here's how to make our Ahi Tuna Tartare recipe:
- 1 lb sushi-grade Ahi tuna, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, and black pepper.
- Add the diced Ahi tuna, red onion, cucumber, and cilantro to the bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the diced avocado and scallions to the bowl and gently mix to combine.
- Serve the Ahi tuna tartare with wonton crisps or crostini.
Q: Can I use frozen Ahi tuna for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen Ahi tuna, but be sure to thaw it completely before dicing and mixing with the other ingredients.
Q: Can I substitute the cilantro with another herb?
A: Yes, you can substitute the cilantro with parsley or basil if you prefer.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the Ahi tuna mixture and refrigerate it for up to 1 hour before adding the avocado and scallions.