Sardine Wrap Recipe: A Quick and Healthy Meal
Sardine Wrap Recipe
If you're looking for a quick, healthy, and delicious meal idea, look no further than this sardine wrap recipe. Sardines are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D, making them an excellent addition to any diet. This recipe takes just minutes to make and is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can of sardines, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed sardines, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface and divide the sardine mixture evenly between the two.
- Top the sardine mixture with shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and diced red onion.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly, tucking in the ends as you go.
- Cut the wraps in half and serve immediately.
Q: Are sardines high in mercury?
A: Sardines are a low-mercury fish, making them a safe and healthy choice for most people.
Q: Can I use canned sardines for this recipe?
A: Yes, canned sardines work great in this recipe.
Q: Can I substitute the Greek yogurt for mayonnaise?
A: Yes, you can use mayonnaise instead of Greek yogurt if you prefer.
This sardine wrap recipe is a quick, easy, and healthy meal option that's perfect for anyone looking to eat well without spending hours in the kitchen. With its high protein and nutrient content, it's a great choice for anyone looking to maintain a healthy diet. Give it a try today and see how delicious healthy eating can be!