Whole Cooked Dungeness Crab - 10lbs
- Frozen Whole Dungeness Crab
- Not Individually Wrapped
- 2+ lbs per crab
- 5-7 crabs per order
Before you buy Dungeness Crab FAQ's
Dungeness crabs has been harvested since the 1880's. They are named after the small fishing village in Washington State where they were first found. Dungeness is sweeter than other types, such as King Crab and Snow Crab. Also, it doesn't have a strong fishy scent like many other types of crabs. Before the crab is harvested, it goes through quality control tests to be sure that you are getting the best Dungeness crab possible.
Where Are the Best Dungeness Crabs Trapped?
When looking for Dungeness crab for sale, you want to find a shop who gets them from the West Coast. The best freshly caught Dungeness crab is found in the chilly waters of the Pacific Ocean in places like Northern California, Washington State, and Oregon. If you are hoping to buy your crab freshly trapped, you would need to buy when they are in season, which is from early December until spring.
How Is Dungeness Crab Sold?
When you purchase Dungeness crab, you can do so in a few ways. First, you can purchase it when it is still alive. You can also purchase it when it is already cooked and processed crab in some way. If you buy it cooked or processed, it is either sold fresh, frozen, or pasteurized in cans. Either way, when you buy it at the market, it should be cold. If it isn't cold, you should avoid buying it. Also, look at the meat. The exposed meat should be white. If you notice that the meat is gray or blue, it means that the meat was previously frozen and it was not stored properly. If you are buying frozen crab, you should look for ice crystals inside of the package or on the eat. This means that the meat has freezer burn. This can make the meat taste a bit off.
How To Buy Crab When It Is Still Alive
If you want your fresh crab to be as tasty as possible, you want to buy it when it is still alive. If you buy dead raw crab meat, the body can start to create enzymes that will make the meat feel mushy. This is not what you want from Dungeness crabs. When looking at Dungeness crab for sale online, you want it to move when you touch it. Fresh Dungeness crab won't move as much as a lobster, however, it will move. This is the best way to buy it.
What Is the Average Weight of Dungeness Crab?
When you shop for fresh Dungeness crab at the market, you can expect to find crabs that are an average weight of two pounds. You might be able to find a giant crab, however, in most cases, the crabs available for order will be around two pounds.
Dungeness Crab Nutrition Facts
Crab meat nutrition is quite good for you. Of all the type of crab to choose from, this is the healthiest. Below is the nutritional information regarding this delicious delicacy.
• Serving Size: The average serving size of a whole cooked Dungeness crab is about 7 ounces or 1 1Ž2 cups of meat. Each person eating should get one whole cooked crab.
• Calories: Crab calorie count is very low. Each crab contains about 140 calories. This equals to just 7 percent of the recommended daily amount.
• Protein: If you are looking for a meat rich in protein, Dungeness crab has 28.3 grams, which is very high for such a small amount of meat. Protein gives you energy and helps build muscles, which makes it great if you are health conscious.
• Cholesterol: The recommended daily amount of cholesterol in your diet is 300 mg. Crabs meat contains just 96.5 mg.
• Carbohydrates: There are just 1.2 grams of carbs in one serving of Dungeness crab.
• Vitamins and Minerals: Dungeness crab is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, B, and C. It also contains calcium, iron, zinc, copper, phosphorous, Omega-3's, and amino acids.
Our GuaranteeWe know how to keep Dungeness crab safe during delivery. We can guarantee that you will get the freshest, most delicious crab when it arrives at your door. Our meat is trapped in the coldest waters of the Pacific Ocean, ensuring that it will taste great.
Upon ordering, you will receive shipping Dungeness crab details so that you will know exactly when your order will arrive.
Fresh Dungeness crab meat is the sweetest, tastiest crab that you can find. If you know where to buy crabs, how to store it, and how to prepare it, you can make a delicious meal for your family and your guests.