Where Was the Lobster Caught?
Fresh Lobster Tail vs Pre-Frozen
There are a few benefits of buying your lobster tail pre-frozen. First, the shelf life for pre-frozen lobster tail is longer as long as it remains pre-frozen until you buy it. Also, the cost of pre-frozen lobster tail is less than if you buy it fresh. Unfortunately, pre-frozen lobster tail doesn't taste as good as if you buy it fresh. Lobster is a delicacy. If you are going to serve lobster tail, it is best to pay a few extra dollars for a fresh, better tasting lobster tail.
How To Store Fresh Lobster
The way that you store your lobster is important not for the way that the lobster will take, but for your health. The temperature is very important. Fresh lobster needs to stay cold, therefore, you should keep it in the back of your refrigerator where it is the coldest. Also, you don't want to store the lobster in water. This will kill it, creating bacteria to grow that can make you very sick. You should keep your lobsters in a cardboard box or a large pan, covered with a damp cloth.
What Is the Shelf Life For a Fresh Lobster
Buy Lobster Tails Online
There are plenty of companies that allow you to buy lobster tails online. Before you buy your lobster tail online, it is important to do some research before you place your order. Some companies will ship your lobster frozen, while others will keep it on ice until it gets to your home. Before you buy, you should find out if your tail will be shipped frozen. As stated above, pre-frozen lobster will never taste as good as fresh. While the lobster tail price might be lower if it is pre-frozen, it won't taste as good.
If you want to have a hearty meal that will fill you up, the amount that you serve is important. The minimum size of a lobster is about one pound. The maximum size is between 3 and 4 pounds. If you are serving just the tail, the entire weight of the lobster isn't an issue. It is the size of the tail. If you are planning a surf and turf meal, a lobster tail with an 8-ounce steak, you should serve 8 ounces of lobster per person. If the lobster tail is going to be the main course, you should serve a 5 to 6 ounce tail per person.
Preparing Your Lobster Tail
• Boiling lobster tails: To boil your lobster tails, fill up a pot with enough water to cover the tails. Bring the water to a boil then carefully drop the tails in. When the tails are in the water, allow it to come to a boil again. Let the lobster tails cook for about 3 ½ minutes. Take out the largest tail and check the meat in the meatiest part of the tail. If it is white and not translucent, it is ready.
• Grilling lobster tails: Start by parboiling your lobster in a pot of boiling water. When the water reaches a boil, turn it down to simmer for 2 minutes for each 4 to 5-ounce tail. Next, insert a skewer lengthwise into each tail. This will keep it from curling up during grilling. Lay the tails on their backs with the soft side of the shell facing up. With a knife, pry the shell open a bit and pour melted butter and lemon juice into the meat. Finally, grill with the cut side facing up and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Be sure to test the tails often so that you don't overcook them.
• Broiling the lobster tail: Prepare your tail by cracking the shell in half and then pull the meat up from the shell. Be sure to leave the tail attached to the end of the shell. Brush the lobster with butter and add any seasoning that you prefer. Broil the lobster 5 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Baste the lobster with butter and then broil it for an additional 3 minutes.
If you want to buy the freshest, tastiest lobster tails, you should buy your product from our shop. When it comes to the best lobster price, ours are the best in town.
- American Lobster Tails
- Raw (uncooked), frozen
- Individually quick frozen (IQF)
- Not vacuum packed
- 4-5oz per tail
- 16-20 tails per case
Lobster tail is very good for you. It is lower in fat and calories than other meats such as chicken, pork, and beef. It is also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. Not only is this good for your memory and your brain, adding it regularly will also lower your risk of developing heart disease. The nutritional information alone is enough to make you want to buy lobster tails.
• Calorie Count: The calorie count in a whole lobster tail depends on the weight of the tail. However, according to the US Department of Agriculture, there are 90 calories in 100 grams of lobster tail meat.
• Fat: Lobster tail meat is very low in fat. There is just 1 gram of fat per every 100 grams of lobster meat. Also, lobster tail meat contains no trans fat or saturated fat.
• Sodium: Lobster tail meat is low in sodium. There is 296 mg of sodium in 100 grams of meat. The way that you serve your lobster tail can change this. Many people eat their tail dipped in butter and salt. This will drastically increase the sodium level of the meat.
• Protein: Lobster tail is very high in protein. There are 19 grams of protein in each 100-gram serving. Since protein is important in building muscle and giving you energy, lobster tail is an excellent food choice.
• Other Nutrients: Lobster tail is high in vitamin A, which is a great antioxidant. It is also high in vitamin B, which is important for fast metabolism. It is also rich in magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc, which are all essential minerals.
We strive to sell our customers only the meatiest and the freshest lobsters available. When you purchase your lobster tails from us, you can be sure that they are clean, fresh, and the meat is the whitest of the white. When you buy from us, you can be sure that your lobster tails will be fresh, not frozen, and delicious. You can be confident when you buy from us.
As mentioned above, the way that the lobster tail is transported is very important. If the tail is not kept cold enough during delivery, it can have a negative effect on the taste and the texture of the meat. When you buy from us and you have your tails delivered, you can be sure that they will be just as cold as the day that the lobster was taken from the water. When the lobster arrives at your door, it will be cold and ready to cook. Contact us for shipping details.
Lobster tails are delicious and they are good for you. They are great when served with steak or with a salad or potato. Lobster tails are also delicious on their own. If you want to order the freshest and the best tasting lobster tails for sale, buy lobster tails from our store. When it comes to cost, we also guarantee the best lobster tail price. Visit our market or call for shipping details.