Diver Scallop Ceviche Recipe That Will Leave Your Guests Wanting More
Diver Scallop Ceviche Recipe
Are you looking for a show-stopping appetizer to impress your guests? Look no further than this mouthwatering Diver Scallop Ceviche recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also packed with flavor and sure to please even the most discerning palates.
- 1 lb fresh diver scallops, cleaned and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the diced scallops, red onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper.
- Pour the lime and orange juice over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add the chopped cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the ceviche with tortilla chips for dipping.
Q: Can I use frozen scallops instead of fresh?
A: While fresh scallops are always best, you can use frozen scallops if that's all you have available. Just make sure to thaw them completely before using.
Q: Can I make the ceviche ahead of time?
A: You can prepare the ceviche mixture ahead of time, but don't add the cilantro until you're ready to serve. The ceviche is best when served fresh.
Q: Can I use different peppers in the ceviche?
A: Absolutely! If you prefer a milder ceviche, you can use a sweet bell pepper instead of the jalapeño pepper.
This Diver Scallop Ceviche recipe is a must-try for any seafood lover. It's light, refreshing, and bursting with flavor, making it the perfect appetizer for any occasion. Serve it up with some tortilla chips and watch as your guests ask for more!