Easy Fish Ball Soup Recipe For Kids!
Easy Fish Ball Soup Recipe for Kids
Introducing kids to new foods and encouraging healthy eating can be a challenge for many parents. However, adding seafood to their diet can be a great way to improve their nutrition and introduce them to new flavors. If you're looking for an easy and delicious way to get your kids to eat more seafood, try this recipe for fish ball soup. Passed down from my grandmother who raised her children and grandchildren on this dish, this recipe is simple, healthy, and sure to please even the pickiest eaters. With just a few ingredients and simple steps, you can create a tasty and nutritious meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 lb. white fish fillet, skin removed
- 1 white onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 cups water
- Optional: vegetables, potatoes, grain or pasta
- Remove the bones from the fish fillet using clean tweezers or needle nose pliers. Remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- Use a meat grinder to grind up the fillet. If you don't have a meat grinder, you can mince up the fish with a knife.
- Finely grate the onion using a food grater. If you don't have a grater, you can finely chop the onion with a knife.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground fish, grated onion, eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Use a teaspoon to make small fish balls out of the mixture.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add the fish balls to the boiling water and cook until the fish balls rise to the surface, about 15 minutes.
- Optional: add vegetables, potatoes, grain, or pasta to the soup.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This easy and healthy fish ball soup recipe is a great way to introduce seafood and healthy eating to children. It's also a versatile recipe that allows you to customize the soup to your child's liking.
Q: Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe? A: Yes, you can use any white fish that you prefer or have available. Just make sure to remove the bones and skin before grinding the fillet.
Q: Can I freeze the fish balls for later use? A: Yes, you can freeze the uncooked fish balls for up to a month. Just place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and freeze until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag.
Q: Can I add other ingredients to the soup? A: Yes, you can add any vegetables, potatoes, grains, or pasta that you like to the soup. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q: Can I make the fish balls ahead of time and store them in the fridge? A: Yes, you can make the fish balls a day ahead and store them covered in the fridge until you're ready to cook them.
Q: How long does it take to make the soup? A: The soup takes about 15 minutes to cook after the fish balls are added to the boiling water.
Q: Are fish balls a good source of protein? A: Yes, fish balls are a good source of protein, which is essential for kids' growth and development. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which have numerous health benefits.