Sardine Stew Recipe: A Hearty Meal for Any Occasion
Sardine stew recipe
Are you tired of the same old recipes and looking for something new to add to your meal rotation? Look no further than our sardine stew recipe! Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it's also a hearty meal that can be enjoyed for any occasion.
- 2 cans of sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chicken broth, and dried thyme to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the sardines to the pot and gently stir to combine. Let the stew simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until the sardines are heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Q: Can I use fresh sardines instead of canned sardines in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use fresh sardines if you prefer. Just make sure to clean and debone them before adding them to the stew.
Q: Can I substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth?
A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian option.
Q: Can I freeze this stew?
A: Yes, you can freeze this stew. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the freezer.
Our sardine stew recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed for any occasion. With its hearty ingredients and rich flavor, it's sure to become a family favorite. Give it a try and let us know what you think!