How to Make Pacific Cod Cakes that Will Melt in Your Mouth
How to Make Pacific Cod Cakes
Are you tired of the same old fish recipes? If so, it's time to try something new and delicious! Pacific cod cakes are a great way to mix things up in the kitchen and impress your family and friends. Not only are they easy to make, but they are also packed with flavor and texture.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make Pacific cod cakes that will melt in your mouth:
- 1 pound Pacific cod fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked and flaked Pacific cod fillets, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, onion, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 8 evenly sized patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cod patties to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Q: Can I use frozen cod fillets for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen cod fillets. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking.
Q: Can I substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt?
A: Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
Q: Can I make these cod cakes ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the cod cakes ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Pacific cod cakes are a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that everyone will love. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a dish that is packed with flavor and texture. Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or a tasty dinner, this recipe is sure to please. So, next time you're in the mood for some fish, give these Pacific cod cakes a try – your taste buds will thank you!