Pacific Cod in Parchment: A Simple and Delicious Recipe
Pacific cod in parchment paper
Are you in the mood for a delicious seafood dinner that won't take too long to prepare? Look no further than this recipe for Pacific cod in parchment paper. This dish is simple, flavorful, and healthy, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
- 2 Pacific cod fillets
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut two sheets of parchment paper and fold each one in half. Place the cod fillets on one half of each sheet.
- Divide the lemon slices, red onion, and garlic evenly between the two fillets. Drizzle olive oil over each fillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Place two sprigs of fresh thyme on top of each fillet.
- Fold the other half of each parchment sheet over the fillets and crimp the edges tightly to seal the packets.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through.
- Carefully open the parchment packets and serve immediately.
Q: Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute any type of firm white fish for the Pacific cod.
Q: Do I need to use fresh thyme?
A: Fresh thyme adds a nice flavor to the dish, but you can use dried thyme if that's what you have on hand.
Q: Can I prepare the packets ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can assemble the packets a few hours in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake them.
Cooking fish in parchment paper is an easy and healthy way to prepare a delicious dinner. This recipe for Pacific cod in parchment paper is a great example of how simple ingredients can come together to create a flavorful and impressive meal. Give it a try and see how easy it is to make!