Smoked Scallops Recipe: A Flavorful and Easy-to-Make Delight
Smoked Scallops Recipe
Smoked scallops are a delicacy that is both rich in flavor and easy to prepare. This seafood delight can be enjoyed as a main dish or an appetizer, and it is perfect for any occasion. In this post, we will explore a recipe that will take your smoked scallops to the next level and help you impress your guests.
- 1 pound of fresh sea scallops
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Brush the mixture over the scallops and let them marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the scallops on the smoker rack and smoke for 45 minutes.
- Once the scallops are cooked, remove them from the smoker and serve with a lemon wedge and fresh parsley.
Q: Can I use frozen scallops for this recipe?
A: Fresh scallops are always the best option, but frozen scallops can also be used. Just make sure to thaw them properly before cooking.
Q: What kind of wood should I use for smoking scallops?
A: Hickory, applewood, and cherry wood are great options for smoking seafood.
Q: How many scallops should I buy per person?
A: As a main dish, plan on 4 to 5 scallops per person. For an appetizer, 2 to 3 scallops per person should be sufficient.
Smoked scallops are a delicious and impressive dish that can be easily prepared with this simple recipe. With just a few ingredients and some patience, you can enjoy a flavorful seafood delight that will leave your guests wanting more. Try this recipe out at your next gathering and impress your guests with your culinary skills.