Sablefish Tacos Recipe: A Delicious Twist on Taco Tuesday
Sablefish Tacos Recipe
Taco Tuesday just got an upgrade with this delicious twist on the classic tacos. Our Sablefish Tacos Recipe is a perfect balance of flavors and textures that will leave you craving for more. Sablefish, also known as black cod, has a rich and buttery taste that pairs perfectly with the fresh and tangy salsa. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and it is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a fun and casual weekend gathering.
- 1 lb sablefish fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Place sablefish fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the fillets and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the salsa. In a medium bowl, mix together diced avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and chopped cilantro.
- Warm up the tortillas in a pan or in the microwave.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a piece of sablefish on each tortilla and topping with the salsa. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each taco and enjoy!
Q: Can I use a different type of fish for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any white, flaky fish for this recipe. Halibut, cod, or snapper would work well.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the salsa and cook the fish ahead of time. Assemble the tacos right before serving.
Q: Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas?
A: Yes, you can use flour tortillas if you prefer. However, corn tortillas add a nice texture and flavor to this recipe.
Sablefish Tacos are a delicious and easy way to upgrade your Taco Tuesday. The rich and buttery taste of sablefish pairs perfectly with the fresh and tangy salsa, and the spices add just the right amount of heat. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and it is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a fun and casual weekend gathering. Give it a try and enjoy the flavors of the sea in every bite!