Ikura and Avocado Toast: A Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Ikura and Avocado Toast Recipe
Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Switch things up with this Ikura and Avocado Toast recipe! Not only is it delicious, but it's also packed with healthy fats and protein to keep you feeling full and energized all morning long.
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of Ikura (salmon roe)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast your bread to your desired level of crispiness.
- While the bread is toasting, cut your avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the mashed avocado onto each slice.
- Top each slice with a tablespoon of Ikura.
- Drizzle each slice with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Ikura and Avocado Toast!
What is Ikura? Ikura is salmon roe, or salmon eggs. It's a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine and is often used in sushi and other dishes.
Can I use any type of bread for this recipe? Yes, you can use any type of bread that you prefer. However, using a whole grain bread will add more fiber and nutrients to your meal.
Is this recipe gluten-free? It can be! Just make sure to use a gluten-free bread.
If you're looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast idea, this Ikura and Avocado Toast recipe is a must-try. It's easy to make, packed with healthy fats and protein, and will keep you feeling full and satisfied all morning long. Give it a try and let us know what you think!