Arroz Con Wild Cod or Pollock
Wild Cod or Pollock Arroz Con Recipe
Do you love seafood that is easy to make? Then here is a simple, Arroz Con recipe. This is a quick and easy way to learn how to cook Arroz Con and is better than going out to a diner. How long will this take to prepare? Only 35 minutes!
- 1 pound of Wild Cod or Pollock, medium-diced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 Teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup of thawed out frozen peas
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped pimento
- 4 teaspoons of chopped fresh Cilantro
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
For better tasting, great wild cod fish buy pollock online in our shop! See our affordable prices.
- Nutrition Information
- Calories 714 calories,
- Carbohydrates. 93g carbohydrate
- Cholesterol. 60.5mg cholesterol
- Fat. 22g total fat
- Fiber. 7g fiber
- Protein. 33g protein
- Saturated fat. 3g saturated fat
- Sodium. 754mg sodium
COOK TIME: 35 mins
Begin by heating a large sauté pan, add the olive oil, garlic, onion, and peppers, and sauté them for 2 minutes.
Then add the rice, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper, to taste and let it cook, stirring it for 1 to 2 minutes, to coat rice with oil from the pan and to lightly toast the seasonings.
After that, it is time to add the chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring it to boil then reduce the heat, cover the pan, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Toss in the diced fish, for a better taste try our great fish, then add a little more salt and pepper, to taste then add it to the simmering liquid, re-cover the pan and let it cook until all the liquid is absorbed, in about 15 to 20 minutes.
Once dry, turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
Top each with 1/8 cup of cooked frozen peas, 1 Tablespoon of pimento, and 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro. This serves up to 4 people and that is it, better than eating out at a diner and you can enjoy this simple and quick way on how to cook Arroz Con, enjoy your delicious seafood dinner.
We hope you enjoy this simple Arroz Con recipe, and share Arroz Con recipe with your friends.
For the most delicious results at the best convenient prices, buy pollock online in our shop.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.